Drush is the Drupal shell – it is at the same time a toolbox full of useful utilities and a scripting environment to help you quickly divide, conquer and control your Drupal sites.
This chapter will show you how to:
- Get up and running quickly with Drush by setting up some basic configuration options and defining an alias or two for the Drupal sites you're working on.
- Speed up your Drupal site maintenance at the command line with Drush shell enhancements.
- Apply code updates to Drupal core and your installed modules.
- Install Drush extensions to add even more power to Drush.
- Go more in-depth with Drush configuration to further streamline your environment.
- Deploy a site with Drush, and then safely copy back user-contributed content from the live site for further testing and development offline.
- Write shell scripts with Drush.
- Extend Drush by writing your own Drush commands.
Sample chapter - free download